- 1 Why does my DVD not play on my computer?
- 2 How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
- 3 Why won’t my DVD player play my DVD?
- 4 How do I fix my DVD on my laptop?
- 5 How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
- 6 Can’t play a DVD on Windows 10?
- 7 How do I play a DVD on my HP computer?
- 8 What to do if DVD is not reading?
- 9 Why won’t my TV recognize my DVD player?
- 10 What do you do when a DVD won’t play?
- 11 Why won’t my DVD play on my HP laptop?
- 12 How do I check if my DVD drive is working?
Why does my DVD not play on my computer?
You may come across the problem that your DVD won’t play on Windows 10 when you insert your disc into the disc drive. The causes of this problem can be that your Windows 10 does not have a proper DVD playback software, or that something is wrong with your CD/DVD drive.
How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
My DVD Player Won’t Work on My Computer
- Open the DVD drive and insert a DVD. Close the drive and allow the computer to recognize the disc and boot up the player.
- Open and close the DVD drive several times.
- Inspect the DVD.
- Re-install the DVD player on the computer by uninstalling first.
Why won’t my DVD player play my DVD?
Playback problems with a DVD typically are caused by one of four factors: The DVD is dirty and smudged; the laser lens in the DVD player’s disc drive needs cleaning; the DVD player no longer is tracking properly; or the disc is scratched.
How do I fix my DVD on my laptop?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I get Windows Media Player to play DVDs?
Attempt to play the DVD automatically.
- Insert the DVD into your computer’s DVD drive.
- Click the Select to choose what happens with DVD movies. notification in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click Play DVD Movie in the pop-up menu that appears in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Can’t play a DVD on Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How do I play a DVD on my HP computer?
Put the DVD into your HP laptop’s DVD drive and close it. It should automatically play when you do, but if not, select Media > Open Disc and in the corresponding menu, select the DVD tab. Your drive should be auto-selected, but if not, use the drop-down menu to select your DVD drive. Select Play.
What to do if DVD is not reading?
Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press “Play” to see if cleaning the disc fixes the “NO DISC” error.
Why won’t my TV recognize my DVD player?
Ensure the video cable between the DVD player and TV is securely connected to both devices. NOTE: If the issue only occurs with the first DVD, then the disc may have dust, fingerprints or scratches. Ensure the TV and DVD player are set to utilize the same type of video signal, either progressive or interlaced.
What do you do when a DVD won’t play?
How to Fix DVD Won’t Play – 7 Solutions
- Solution 1: Check if the DVD type is incompatible with DVD player.
- Solution 2: Clean the dirty DVD or try a different disc.
- Solution 3: Ensure solid connection between DVD player and TV.
- Solution 4: Install Third Party DVD Player Software.
- Solution 5: Update DVD Firmware.
Why won’t my DVD play on my HP laptop?
If this is the cause for DVD not playing on your HP laptop, fix it through: Change DVD region in Windows 10: Search and open Device Manager > Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click on your DVD player and select Properties > click on DVD Region tab, select the region in whicj you want to change to and click OK.
How do I check if my DVD drive is working?
If not, refer to the Dell knowledgebase article Optical Drive is not recognized in Windows.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt. msc then press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Verify that the optical disk drive is listed.