- 1 How do I get my DVD player to play on my smart TV?
- 2 Why won’t my DVD player work on my smart TV?
- 3 What channel does my TV need to be on to play a DVD?
- 4 What kind of DVD player works with a smart TV?
- 5 Why does my TV say no signal when I plug in my DVD player?
- 6 How do you hook up a DVD player to a smart TV without HDMI?
- 7 Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
- 8 How do I connect my DVD recorder to my TV with HDMI?
- 9 How do I connect an old DVD player to a new TV?
How do I get my DVD player to play on my smart TV?
Connect one side of an HDMI cable to the back of the DVD player. The other side of the HDMI cable connect it to an available input on your TV. Turn on the DVD player, and using the TV’s remote, select the corresponding input. At this point, you should see the DVD Player logo on your TV screen.
Why won’t my DVD player work on my smart TV?
Ensure the video cable between the DVD player and TV is securely connected to both devices. NOTE: If the issue only occurs with the first DVD, then the disc may have dust, fingerprints or scratches. Ensure the TV and DVD player are set to utilize the same type of video signal, either progressive or interlaced.
What channel does my TV need to be on to play a DVD?
DVD players will display on one of the Input or Auxiliary channels. They will not show up on Channel 3 or 4 like some VCRs. Some TVs will label the Input channels based on the type of input, such as “HDMI”, “AV”, and “COMPONENT.” Refer back to Method one if you have a question about which input type you are using.
What kind of DVD player works with a smart TV?
All Blu-ray players have an HDMI output, which allows you to connect your player to the Smart TV.
Why does my TV say no signal when I plug in my DVD player?
Change the INPUT or source the HDTV is set to by pressing the INPUT button on the TV or its original remote. When you try different inputs, let the DVD player play a disc and output a constant signal. If your TV has the correct INPUT or Source, unplug the cable and plug it back, or try another cable or port.
How do you hook up a DVD player to a smart TV without HDMI?
Connect the composite video cable (Yellow RCA) to the DVD player. Next, connect the White and RED audio RCA cables to the corresponding connectors on the back of the DVD player. Take the other side of the composite cable and audio cables and connect them to your TV.
Why is my DVD player not reading the disc?
Use a soft cloth to clean the disc; the disc may have fingerprints or smudges. Examine the disc for any cracks or scratches that might be interfering with playback. Make sure the disc playback is not restricted by parental control options. Make sure the DVD disc is compatible with the player.
How do I connect my DVD recorder to my TV with HDMI?
DVR / DVD Recorder – HDMI
- Connect Antenna/Cable to DVR/DVD Recorder so the device can record the program. After that, please connect the same connection from DVR/DVD Recorder to the TV so that program can be displayed on the TV.
- Connect the DVD recorder to the AV input (HDMI) of the TV for DVD playback.
How do I connect an old DVD player to a new TV?
If so, you can get yourself a component cable and connect the DVD player to the TV using those plugs. You can plug the RCA (yellow/red/white) output in to this box and connect the HDMI output from the box to your TV using an HDMI cable.