How do you troubleshoot a DVD player?
How to Troubleshoot a DVD Player
- Check audio connections to make sure they’re secure.
- Replace the cable connecting the DVD unit to your receiver.
- Clean the contacts on the player and receiver with electronics-grade contact cleaner.
- Make sure DVD is clean and unscratched.
Why has my DVD player stopped reading discs?
When the DVD player says no disc, it means the sensor is not recognizing a disc in the tray. The cleaning should help solve this problem but it may persist. Try a number of different discs to see if the problem is disc-related. Use commercial discs and nothing homemade or pirated as those are not likely to read.
What to do if DVD is not reading?
Remove the disc from the DVD player. Use a lint-free cloth and some denatured alcohol or water to clean the disc and remove any dust or smudges that may prevent the player from reading it properly. Reinsert the disc into the player and press “Play” to see if cleaning the disc fixes the “NO DISC” error.
What do I do if my DVD player wont open?
Here’s what to do:
- Unplug the disc player.
- Take out the screws securing the cover and remove it.
- Blow air into the mechanism to remove dust.
- Plug the player back in.
- Try ejecting the tray.
- If it doesn’t eject, look for something jamming the tray.
- Also see if the belt is damaged or broken or fell off.
How do you clean a DVD player that won’t play?
Here’s what to do:
- Remove the top cover screws. If the cover wraps around the unit, there may be more screws to take off.
- Blow off the dust with canned air or a hair dryer set on cool.
- Dampen a foam or lint-free swab with a few drops of lens cleaner.
- Reassemble the cover and put the screws back in.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
Here are a few methods to try to fix your scratched disc at home:
- Rubbing Alcohol Method: Get a lint free non scratching cloth.
- Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste.
- Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half.
- Skip Scratch Fixer Method:
- Petroleum Jelly Method:
How do you reset a DVD player?
On the DVD remote control, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select the SETUP icon. Press the ENTER button. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW button to select RESET. Press the ENTER button.