- 1 How do I reinstall my DVD drive?
- 2 How do I Uninstall and reinstall my DVD drive?
- 3 Why is my computer not showing my DVD drive?
- 4 How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
- 5 How do I install a program from a DVD drive?
- 6 How do I check if my DVD drive is working?
- 7 How do I reinstall a drive?
- 8 Why does my DVD player not work in Windows 10?
- 9 How do I watch a DVD with Windows 10?
- 10 Can’t find DVD CD ROM drives in Device Manager?
- 11 How do I repair my missing DVD drive Windows 10?
- 12 How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
- 13 How do I hide a DVD drive in Windows 10?
How do I reinstall my DVD drive?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do I Uninstall and reinstall my DVD drive?
Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver
- Launch Device Manager. Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Right-Click Your Device. Double-click to expand the DVD/CD-ROM section, then right-click your device.
- Uninstall Your Device. Click Uninstall device.
- Reboot Your Computer.
Why is my computer not showing my DVD drive?
Update or reinstall the driver for the optical disk drive Uninstalling the driver and restarting the computer will reinstall the driver which will resolve most issues related to the device driver. To uninstall and reinstall the driver, follow the instructions below: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
What can I do if the DVD driver for Windows 10 is not detected?
- Delete the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Device Manager.
- Create new registry keys.
- Check if your DVD drive is properly connected.
- Set your DVD drive as the first boot device in BIOS.
- Remove Virtual Drive Software.
- Use the Hardware Troubleshooter.
How do I install a program from a DVD drive?
Installing software using a USB thumb drive
- Insert the software installation disc into the CD/DVD drive.
- If an AutoPlay window appears, click Open folder to view files.
- Select all files and folders, then right-click and select Copy.
- Insert a USB thumb drive into a USB port on the computer that has a CD/DVD drive.
How do I check if my DVD drive is working?
Place an optical disc in your DVD-ROM. Click on “Start,” and then “My Computer” to see if your DVD drive is recognized by the computer. If you do not see a DVD drive, it is malfunctioning.
How do I reinstall a drive?
How to Replace a Hard Drive and Reinstall an Operating System
- Back up data.
- Create a recovery disc.
- Remove the old drive.
- Place the new drive.
- Reinstall the operating system.
- Reinstall your programs and files.
Why does my DVD player not work in Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
Can’t find DVD CD ROM drives in Device Manager?
Try this – Control Panel – Device Manager – CD/DVD – double click the device – Driver’s Tab -click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) – then RIGHT CLICK the drive – UNINSTALL – REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack. Even if drive is not shown continue below.
How do I repair my missing DVD drive Windows 10?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do you fix a disc that won’t read?
If your CD/DVD drive is having trouble recognizing a disc:
- If you know the disc isn’t blank, check whether the data surface is damaged.
- Try a different disc.
- Try the disc in another computer’s drive.
- Try cleaning the drive with a CD/DVD drive cleaning product.
How do I hide a DVD drive in Windows 10?
How to hide a drive using Disk Management
- Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut and select Disk Management.
- Right-click the drive you want to hide and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Select the drive letter and click the Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm.