- 1 How do I install a DVD drive on my laptop?
- 2 How do I get my DVD drive to work?
- 3 How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
- 4 Why my DVD drive is not showing in my computer?
- 5 Why do laptops have no DVD drive?
- 6 Why do laptops not have CD drives anymore?
- 7 How do I update my DVD driver?
- 8 Why can’t I play dvds on Windows 10?
- 9 How do I open my DVD drive in Windows 10?
- 10 Can’t find DVD CD ROM drives in Device Manager?
- 11 How do I hide a DVD drive in Windows 10?
- 12 How do I enable my CD DVD drive?
- 13 How do I restore my DVD drive in Windows 7?
- 14 How do I fix a missing DVD drive in Windows Explorer?
- 15 How do I find my DVD drive on Windows 7?
How do I install a DVD drive on my laptop?
Plug the USB cable into one of the USB ports on the notebook. For instructions on installing and using your external drive, see the documentation that came with the USB CD/DVD drive. After installing the drive, insert the software CD into the drive and proceed with the software installation.
How do I get my DVD drive to work?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
What can I do if the DVD driver for Windows 10 is not detected?
- Delete the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Device Manager.
- Create new registry keys.
- Check if your DVD drive is properly connected.
- Set your DVD drive as the first boot device in BIOS.
- Remove Virtual Drive Software.
- Use the Hardware Troubleshooter.
Why my DVD drive is not showing in my computer?
Update or reinstall the driver for the optical disk drive Uninstalling the driver and restarting the computer will reinstall the driver which will resolve most issues related to the device driver. To uninstall and reinstall the driver, follow the instructions below: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
Why do laptops have no DVD drive?
4 – Omitting the optical drive lets the computer manufacturers build laptops that are smaller, lighter and less expensive than they would have to be if the drive was included. You can still buy a laptop that does have an internal optical drive. They are getting harder to find every day, but they are still available.
Why do laptops not have CD drives anymore?
Size is of course the most obvious reason that they’ve essentially disappeared. A CD/DVD drive takes up a lot of physical space. The disc alone requires at least 12cm x 12cm or 4.7″ x 4.7″ of physical space. As laptops are made to be portable devices, space is extremely valuable real estate.
How do I update my DVD driver?
How to Update Your CD/DVD Driver
- Launch Device Manager. Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Right-Click Your Device. Double-click to expand the DVD/CD-ROM section, then right-click your device.
- Update the Driver. Click the Update Driver option.
- Install the New Driver.
Why can’t I play dvds on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
How do I open my DVD drive in Windows 10?
Launch the program from its Start menu shortcut and insert your DVD. Click the hamburger icon and select Open > Open DVD to fire up your disc. You’ll find the usual onscreen buttons to control media playback and more.
Can’t find DVD CD ROM drives in Device Manager?
Try this – Control Panel – Device Manager – CD/DVD – double click the device – Driver’s Tab -click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) – then RIGHT CLICK the drive – UNINSTALL – REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack. Even if drive is not shown continue below.
How do I hide a DVD drive in Windows 10?
How to hide a drive using Disk Management
- Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut and select Disk Management.
- Right-click the drive you want to hide and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Select the drive letter and click the Remove button.
- Click Yes to confirm.
How do I enable my CD DVD drive?
How to enable the DMA settings of a hard disk drive, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW and DVD-ROM drive?
- Start Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- For hard disk drive, click to expand Disk Drive.
- Right-click on the necessary drive and click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Select the DMA option.
How do I restore my DVD drive in Windows 7?
In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab. On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button. In the Device Manager window, click the DVD/CD-ROM icon. Under the DVD/CD-ROM icon, click to select the drive to be reinstalled.
How do I fix a missing DVD drive in Windows Explorer?
More videos on YouTube
- Update Drivers or Reinstall Devices. Open Device Manager by pressing the Windows Key + X (Windows 10) or press the Windows Key + S and begin typing and click on Device Manager.
- Delete Registry Entries. Go to Start, run and type regedit.
- Create Registry Entries.
How do I find my DVD drive on Windows 7?
Step 1: Checking if the CD drive is in Device Manager on computers running Windows 7
- Click Start, and enter Device Manager into the Search field. Click Device Manager.
- Double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives.
- If a name for a CD/DVD drive is not listed in Device Manager, the rest of these troubleshooting steps will not help.