- 1 Can I hide my cable box?
- 2 How do you hide TV and DVD cords?
- 3 What do I do with my cable box when I mount my TV?
- 4 How do I hide a large cable box?
- 5 Where does cable box go when TV is above Fireplace?
- 6 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
- 7 How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
- 8 How do you hide cables?
- 9 Does cable box work behind TV?
- 10 How can I hide my set top box behind my TV?
- 11 How do you hide a power box?
- 12 How can I hide my DVR box?
Can I hide my cable box?
Stick the emitter on the inside of the cabinet in line with your components. Then put the the receiver on the outside. It’s as simple as that. If you don’t like the look of the receiver, you can plug a very discreet IR receiver into the main receiver and stick it near your TV.
How do you hide TV and DVD cords?
Use cable clips to conceal and organize cords coming from the wall or other devices such as DVD players. These small plastic pieces can be attached to your television unit or placed on the floor, concealing cords. They will hold larger power cables firmly in place, keeping them out of sight when you are not using them.
What do I do with my cable box when I mount my TV?
Behind Your Television Among other options, you can use cable ties or adhesive hanging strips to attach the cable box and cords to the TV. However, many televisions do not offer sufficient space to hide different cable boxes, especially if they are bulkier (such as those with DVR functionalities).
How do I hide a large cable box?
Take the paper cover to a hardcover book and wrap it around your cable box. If the book cover isn’t quite big enough, use a second paper cover from another book to fill the exposed edge. I cut my paper cover to fit it exactly.
Where does cable box go when TV is above Fireplace?
Your cable box is going to need a place to sit when you install your TV above your fireplace. You can place it on the mantle if it’s wide enough. However, if there’s not enough room, you can also have the cables run to a box in another room. Another thing that works is building a shelf just for your cable box.
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
All you need is to put the cable box behind the TV and ask a friend to change channels. You can mount one side into a stud if it is possible. Make sure no to drill a pilot hole when you mount the stud. For creating holes into a stud you need to use a mounting screw since the 3/16″ drill bit seems too large.
How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
How to Hide Your TV Wires Without Cutting Into Your Walls
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
- Use a Fabric Cord Concealer.
How do you hide cables?
You can buy or DIY to disguise or hide every wire in sight and permanently improve the organization of your home.
- Hook Cords to the Back of Your Furniture.
- Feed Wires Through a TV Stand.
- Hide TV Wires in Plain Sight.
- Run TV Wires Behind the Wall.
- Tuck Cord Chaos Into Tubing.
- Slip Them Into a Drawer.
Does cable box work behind TV?
Why does it work? Many cable boxes use IR / Infrared which is a strong signal that can bounce off of walls, like a laser pointer. This helps to explain why your remote signal won’t travel through your cabinet door or around a corner yet it will work with your cable box hidden behind the TV.
How can I hide my set top box behind my TV?
How to hide a cable box
- Step 1: Placing the boxes. If your TV is fixed in one position once it’s mounted, you’ll need to install all of your soon-to-be-hidden hardware before you hang the TV.
- Step 2: Place velcro.
- Step 3: Install power strip.
- Step 4:Install infrared repeater.
- Step 5: Wrap wires.
How do you hide a power box?
Strategically placed artwork, framed message boards, or a weaving or tapestry are all viable options for covering up obtrusive electrical eyesores. HGTV suggests inserting child proof safety plugs into unused outlets before covering with artwork.
How can I hide my DVR box?
Hide the DVR in an uninteresting closet. Sometimes this can mean putting it up on a high shelf in a closet with some clothing or boxes in front of it. Just make sure the wires are hidden as well that are coming into the back of the DVR.